Landscaping is a vital aspect of a home for many reasons. It adds curb appeal and can provide both safety and ambiance to the space at any time of day. Landscape lighting makes your landscape look more beautiful and inviting.
With so many different landscape lighting options out there, it can get confusing when deciding what you want. Some are more expensive than others, but the investment will be worth it if you want an outdoor space that is beautiful, secure and welcoming to visitors.
In this blog post, we will go over some of the best landscape lighting ideas that are out there in the market today.
Front Door Lights
Front door lights are an essential landscape lighting option for beauty and safety. Landscape light fixtures can be placed on the railing of your front porch or mounted underneath the eaves to cast a soft glow onto your walkway at night, making it easier to see when you come home late at night. A landscape fixture above the doorway will also help prevent crime, as the light can be switched on remotely and cast a wide area of illumination.
Do you have landscape lighting in your front yard? If not, it’s time to add some! Path lights are a great way to ensure visibility for anyone walking up the sidewalk at night. They are also perfect for those who don’t feel like installing landscape lighting in their property because they only go along one side of the house.
If you are looking for some landscape lighting ideas for your patio, we have a few suggestions.
- Consider adding wall sconces or pendant lights.
- It might be time for some spotlights on the plants and flowers.
- For safety purposes, it’s best to have ground lights that can help you see a pathway and prevent tripping hazards.
Landscape lighting doesn’t just have to be for the landscape. The garage is often an overlooked area that can benefit from landscape lighting too. Landscape lights are great because they are generally low voltage and solar-powered (so you don’t need electrical outlets nearby), so it’s easy to install them in your garage as well.
The most effective way to illuminate your landscape is with underwater lights that can be installed in a pond or fountain, on top of rocks, and along the borders of ponds and pools.
- Pond Lights: These are usually installed underwater in your pond at various heights. They are a great way to highlight the ripples in the water.
- Fountain Lights: These are usually set at various heights around a fountain, often seen in landscape design as an architectural piece.
- Rock Lighting: This light can be installed on top of rocks to provide illumination and help accentuate the natural features with shadows.
Hursh’s Landscaping Inc. is a full-service landscaping company serving the Allentown, PA area for many years. We provide landscape lighting services to help make your property look its best all year round and have an expert team of designers ready to create a custom plan for your property! Contact us to get a free estimate!