As fall approaches, so does the time of year when fall landscaping maintenance guidelines are most important. Whether you are a landlord or tenant, proper landscaping maintenance is vital during this time of year. There are many benefits associated with fall landscaping maintenance, including reduced risk of pests and disease, improved soil quality during winter months, increased growth rates in springtime for trees and shrubs – just to name a few.
So what are some fall landscaping maintenance guidelines that can help ensure your lawn remains healthy? Read on to learn more.
Pruning is a fall landscaping maintenance task that needs to be done to maintain the health and life of your yard’s trees. You should begin pruning as soon as the leaves start falling from the tree – this will allow you enough time before winter arrives to get all areas on your property cleared out.
- Before you begin pruning, ensure that you have ladders and tools such as a chainsaw or hedge trimmers to complete the project.
- Begin with smaller branches near the tree’s exterior that are dead or dying.
- Ensure that you trim your hedges and shrubs to allow for enough time before winter arrives. It will ensure they aren’t damaged during cold weather periods.
- Work slowly and carefully in order not to damage the tree or injure yourself.
Plant New Shrubs and Hedges
- Hedge and shrub care should ideally begin in the fall to ensure they grow strong enough before winter.
- Ensure that you have a plan for new plantings by having pots ready, planting soil on hand, along with any other materials needed such as stakes or mesh depending on the type of shrubs you are planning to add.
Get Your Outdoor Drainage System Examined
- One important fall landscaping maintenance task is to inspect outside drainage systems for cracks and other potential issues.
- Keep a lookout for any signs of water pooling near the foundation, which can be a sign that there are issues with your outdoor drain system.
- Ensure you get any drainage problem fixed promptly, so it does not lead to any property damage once the heavy snow or rain commence.
Get Your Gutters Cleaned
When fall comes around, you will want to have your gutters cleaned out so that they are ready for winter.
- A good fall landscaping maintenance habit is to ensure that the fall leaves are cleaned out of the gutters.
- If you do not have time to clean your gutters, make sure that you get in touch with a local gutter cleaning company who can help with this task. They will be able to ensure all debris is removed from your gutters before winter comes, and they may also offer affordable fall landscape maintenance packages.
Landscaping is an integral part of property management. With the changing seasons, there are many things to consider when it comes to fall landscaping maintenance. From dealing with fallen leaves and debris removal to making sure weeds or pests don’t overrun your lawn, this season can put a real strain on landlords and tenants alike if not handled correctly. That is why we are here. Hursh’s Landscaping Inc. has been providing professional landscape services for years in Allentown, PA area. Get a free estimate today from our team today.